Thursday, August 6, 2009

Getting started.

As the title of this blog states I am just getting started. With blogging that is, not running. I have been running for about 5 years now and can't imagine what my everyday life will be like once my knee finally goes and I have to get that knee replacement a couple of doctors have told me is looming in my future. I am 35 now and the predictions they made was sometime in my 50s. Who knows, the world may be out of oil by then and then who will be running marathons anyway, right? I am in the middle of my marathon training cycle for the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington DC in October. This will be my 5th marathon and I still have dreams of reaching that marathon Mecca of a Boston qualifying time. I have thought about writing a running blog for a while but just never got around to it. Pretty much all I talk about is running away, so much so that my wife gets sick of hearing about it, so I thought why not finally do it. I hope you check back for future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment