Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back from a hiatus

Ok, it has been almost a month since I have posted anything. That is not for lack of running, it is due to a lack of free time. When I was off for the summer I had tons of free time. Now that work is upon me again, the free time is at a premium. When you get up at 3:25 am to run, you have to get to bed early and that scraps the opportunity to do much in the evenings. I will try to be better about posting now that I have a handle on this year's schedule.

I am running the Marine Corps Marathon in October in Washington DC again this year and shooting for that elusive Boston qualifying mark of 3:15. It is possible but it will take the perfect race on the perfect day. My coach is working me hard and things are going great. I am averaging around 50 miles a week and the body is holding up well. My legs are a little sore, but this week's massage should help with that.

Today was the third 20 miler of this training cycle and it went great. I ran solo again from a 4:30 am start and decided do a completely different route than my other 20 milers. There were a few more hills this time but they did not slow me down. In fact, I was a little faster than my coach wanted but the legs were on cruise control and I was not pushing the pace at all. My quads were aching from the first step and I can't figure out why, but they didn't slow me down at all.

I am taking the next two days off to get ready for Tuesday's speed session. It might be one the hardest I have ever done. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment